Monday, March 23, 2015

Llllllllet's Play!


Since senior year of high school, I have watched a YouTube channel called RoosterTeeth and I have been completely obsessed with them. Their subcompany called Achievement Hunter has a series of Minecraft Let's Plays that I thought were stupid at first, but have since become my favorite videos to watch on YouTube. The game Minecraft is extremely popular and over spring break, I started playing it with some of my friends from home. The dirt block is one of the most abundant and easiest blocks to use making it a very big symbol of the game. 
Since the entire game is made up of blocks and is basically a whole grid, it seemed like a great idea for the grid project. The basic idea was to make each face of the block 16x16 but once I started gluing the beads on, it was apparent that I did not have the space for that, so I couldn't follow the real dirt blocks anymore. Nonetheless, I'm pretty happy with how this turned out, even if it's only two faces covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment