Monday, March 16, 2015

Little Bunny FooFoo


     When I was younger, before I went to sleep, my mom would tuck me in and then have shadow puppet shows on the wall. Little Bunny FooFoo was my favorite which is probably the reason I named one of my pet rabbits FooFoo. These shadow puppets were never great- just holding up a peace sign and bouncing it across the wall- but I still loved them and hope that my children will too. Even though I grew up watching movies in live-action and animation, making shadow puppets was my first experience with making moving pictures on a screen. I knew that the bunny was just my mom's hand and a light source behind it, but it was still so much fun to watch.
      Since those days, I have gotten into photography and filmmaking, and I have a large appreciation for animation. The way that these media have evolved from shadows and storytelling blows my mind when I really stop to think about it and it makes me wonder how much of the science fiction that we read will be real in the next few years. I wonder what my kids will be using on a daily basis and how obsolete shadow puppets will be. Photography- real photography- has pretty much phased out completely by now, so they may not even learn about my favorite medium. Hopefully they'd still like to learn from me though.

No comments:

Post a Comment