Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Performance Art

The idea behind this piece worked much better in my head than it was executed. The idea was to tear down the beauty standards that other put on us. This is why my friend is the one putting all of the makeup on me and I am the one to smear it all over my face. Obviously, if this were done again, I would have to frame it better, speed it up, cut audio, and overlay music. If I had done this well, I think that it would have been a performance art piece that more people my generation would have appreciated. A lot of performance art that we talk about today is old and outdated. It doesn't make sense and it usually just people hurting themselves or putting themselves in uncomfortable situations. I don't see the point in any of that. You can make beautiful art without being ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment