Monday, February 16, 2015

Broadway, Vaudeville, and other Stage Shows

I've been a fan of Broadway and musicals since I was young. I loved Disney movies and pretending to be the princesses. I watched Roger's and Hammerstein's Cinderella with Brandy and Paolo Montalban every night and I acted out the movie. My mom has home videos of me singing to myself in the mirror and then turning to look at the camera, and continuing to sing. It was my dream to be in theater when I was young. Since then, I've become more awkward and abandoned that dream, but I still love watching the live shows. The only Broadway show I have seen so far is Wicked, but I absolutely loved it. I love seeing all other live shows too however. Live concerts are one of my favorite things to see as well as just amateur open mic nights. And though vaudeville, burlesque, and cabaret are quite outdated now, I'd love to find a good club to go to that puts on these shows in the way that they were meant to be. Nowadays they can be a bit raunchier than they used to be, but I think there is a great art quality to the old shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment